Strategic Growth Statement
The Strategic Growth Statement formed the first stage in developing the Strategic Growth Plan
- It explained why partners are preparing a Strategic Growth Plan
- It set out the ambitions of the plan and proposed a vision and objectives
- It described the wider context within which the plan is being prepared
- It included an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in Leicester and Leicestershire
- It summarised the key items of the evidence base for the plan
- It set out the types of options that could be considered as a way of distributing growth
Download Link: Strategic Growth Statement
Strategic Growth Statement Consultation
A consultation on the Strategic Growth Statement was undertaken from 5th August 2016 to 16th September 2016. The comments received were taken into account when preparing the Draft Plan. A summary of comments was prepared.
The ‘Statement of Strategic Involvement’ sets out clearly who will be consulted, how consultation will be carried out and when consultation is planned to take place as part of the preparation of the Strategic Growth Plan.
Download Link: Statement of Strategic Involvement
The assessment of equalities and human right implications will be carried out as a continual process as the preparation of the Strategic Growth Plan progresses. Alongside the Strategic Growth Statement, we also published the first stage of the Equality and Human Rights Impact Assessment (EHRIA).