Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
The 2017 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) provides up to date information and guidance on flood risk across Leicestershire County and Leicester City.
The assessment takes into account the latest flood risk information; considers likely future flood risk from all sources of flooding in the area, taking into account the predicted impacts of climate change; considers the opportunities to reduce flood risk to existing communities and developments; and enables the local planning authorities to apply the relevant nationally prescribed tests (the Sequential Test and, if required, the Exception Test) when determining preferred directions of growth.
As a result it has enabled flood risk to be taken into account when considering strategic growth options.
The following documents are available to download:
- Appendix A – All Sources of Flooding
- Appendix B - Historic Flood Records
- Appendix C – Water Courses in Leicestershire and Leicester City
- Appendix D – Defences
- Appendix E – Flood Alert and Warning Coverage
- Appendix F - Assessment of Possible Growth
- Appendix F – Assessment of Possible Growth – Associated Maps
- Appendix G - Sequential and Exception Test Flow Charts
- Appendix H.1 - Mapping Supporting Information Part 1
- Appendix H.2 - Mapping Supporting Information Part 2
- Appendix I - Land use change indicative hydrographs