The Strategic Growth Plan is being prepared in three key stages:
The Strategic Growth Statement’ Stage – Setting the scene
The Draft Plan Stage – Preparing the details of the plan
The Final Plan Stage – Finalising the plan
Where are we
Stage 1 - Strategic Growth Statement
Consultation in Summer 2016 about:
- High level objectives
- Analysis of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- What to include as the evidence base of the plan
- Different types of options for the distribution of growth.
Stage 2 - Developing the evidence base
We are currently bringing together the detailed information to help develop the Plan.
Stage 2 - Developing the Draft Strategic Growth Plan
The Draft Strategic Growth Plan will set out;
- housing targets
- Employment land
- Areas of search/directions of growth for new development
- Major infrastructure requirements
- Protecting environmental assets
Stage 2 - Consultation on the Draft Strategic Growth Plan
In the Summer/ Autumn of 2017 you will have an opportunity to have your say about the Draft Strategic Growth Plan during the public consultation.
Stage 3 - Developing the Final Strategic Growth Plan
During the winter of 2017/18 we will consult further on a revised plan that takes into account the feedback from the consultation on the draft plan.